Job Title: Precision Sales Agronomist
Location: Assigned Geography
Travel Required: Minimal Overnight
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Office Location: Remote
The role of a Premier Crop Systems®, LLC (PCS) Precision Sales Agronomist is to increase PCS program revenue with Premier Growers and Premier Partners by providing agronomy, business development, marketing and sales support in the assigned geography, focusing on the fields of Precision Agronomy and Variable Rate Technology.
- Learn from and work side by side with existing advisors on a daily basis assisting them with meeting growers agronomic and information needs throughout the season
- Work with growers to meet their day-to-day information needs
- Provide training, business planning and technical support to Premier Partners and their customers
- Prepare and deliver effective training, sales and marketing presentations
- Identify revenue growth opportunities within assigned geography
- Develop expansive network with assigned geography that will assist in lead generation for new Premier Partners and Premier Growers
- Call on and create new prospects, follow up promptly on all leads and develop a robust pipeline of customers
- Provide latest precision ag technology and industry information to retailers and monitor competitor activity
- Participate and assist with, upon request, sales strategies for retailer’s grower accounts in the territory, including developing plans, identifying values, organizing grower retailer meetings
- Ensure sales objectives are met, forecasted & aligned with financial objectives for assigned region
- Use your knowledge, experience, and the PCS program to deliver agronomic and economic insights to growers and their operations to aid in better and more profitable decision making
- Expense Management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Business or related fields, or two or more years’ experience in one of the following fields: precision ag, retail ag, crop consulting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Agriculture industry, farming practices and ag systems technologies knowledge and experience
- Relentless curiosity and a drive to help growers improve their operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Must be detail oriented, results focused and a self-starter with strong follow up skills
- Demonstrated performance in delivering business results
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving, ability to determine solutions for customers
- Must have current driver’s license; driving record must meet company/insurance guidelines
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- 5+ years in agronomy-focused positions
- Familiarity with precision ag monitors (AFS, Deere, Precision Planting, Ag Leader, etc.)
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills
- Premier Crop employees have access to confidential information and are expected to treat all such information confidentially. Employees are requested to sign a Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement form.
- This is a full-time, exempt position and as such, will be paid on a salary basis and will not be eligible for overtime pay.
- PCS offers a competitive salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Paid Vacation, 401k, Life Insurance, Long and Short-Term Disability.